Monday, April 30, 2018

Recommitting

I have committed to complete the Google Home app by end of April, but I haven't been able to complete it even though it is end of April because of a few reasons.

But being a professional, I can't leave something undone. I want to complete what I start. So am recommitting to completing the app as soon as possible.

I don't want to run fast only to sleep like the hare. i.e is I want to go sustain-ably like the tortoise.
The major reason why I couldn't complete is as planned is because of lack of focus or distractions.
I forgot my commitments to myself. I ignored the deep work rules even though they were just on the back of my mind.
And then distractions are just a click away. All of these cause a very familiar situation - no time. Planned work undone and amateurish plan for the next day.
But what we shouldn't forget is that there are enough hours of the day if we know how to make full use of them. 8 hours of work + 8 hours of sleep = 8 hours of remaining time. Anything worthwhile has to be done in those 8 hours only.

How can I make the best use of those eight hours? Where is the time to read news and gossips ?
Where is the time to get distracted ? couple of hours with family. 2 hours commute time.
one hour hygiene, couple of hours for speaking with parents, having food and  one hour for studying.

It seems we cannot afford to get distracted on weekdays. There is really no time. Every distraction time has to come at the expense of something else.

Now why do you want to do anything ? I feel as an engineer I can use my skills to automate stuff and save time in the lives of our fellow humans.

Ofcourse as a human, I want to use the little time on earth to make it worthwhile by doing things which inspire me and by giving something back for this awesome time on earth.

So I recommit to living fully, starting with why on everything I do, do it with complete focus and not rush but do it well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments